Benefits of massage
If you’re looking after your body, exercising on a regular basis and perhaps even your athletic performance (or not!), there are some major benefits to help your body recover and repair, as well as improve your overall performance.
If administered correctly, sports massage has been proven to show positive results for athletes having problems with muscle pain, recovery after an injury, prevention of injuries, and much more.
Sports Massage Benefits
Many sports massage benefits have been reported on the basis of experience and observation alone. These include:
- Increased joint range of motion (ROM)
- Increased flexibility
- Decreased muscle tension
- Decreased neurological excitability (nerves more relaxed)
- Decreased muscle spasms
- Increased sense of well-being
- Decreased anxiety and improved mood
- Better sleep
Purported benefits for which there is limited research evidence include:
- Increased blood flow
- Increased elimination of exercise waste products (lactic acid)
- Decreased chance of injury
- Decreased recovery time between workouts
We have several massage therapists trained specifically in sports massage. Get in touch today, should you wish to book one.