BIO + KINETICS = LIFE + MOVEMENT = LIFE THROUGH MOVEMENT
- The Science of Movement and the application of exercise in rehabilitative treatment of performance.
- Biokinetics’ primary function is to improve physical functioning and health care through exercise as a modality.
How it effects you?
Movement is an essential part of everyday life, for people of all ages. Movement affects development, learning, communicating, work capacity, health, and quality of life.
Movement permits people to navigate and stay oriented within their environment. It allows people to interact more fully in their work and recreation. It is a defining element of quality of life.
Movement may be diminished or lost due to heredity, ageing, injury, or disease. Such loss may occur gradually, over the course of a lifetime, or traumatically in an instant.
Conditions of movement loss that are linked with chronic and disabling diseases pose additional challenges for patients and their families. From the public health perspective, the prevention of either the initial impairment, or additional impairment from this environmentally orienting and socially connecting functioning, requires significant resources.
Prevention of movement loss or the resulting disabling conditions, through the development of improved disease prevention, detection, or treatment methods or more effective rehabilitative strategies, must be a global priority.
A Biokineticist is a clinical exercise specialist who:
- Improves a person’s physical well-being and quality of life through individualised scientific assessment and the prescription of exercise in rehabilitative treatment to prevent or intervene with certain ailments and the enhancement of performance (sport and work).
- Evaluates & Measures: body posture, body composition, blood pressure, glucose levels, lung function, heart rate, fitness, muscle strength, endurance, power, flexibility and other health screenings.
- Is a health professional who through health promotion and wellness create a better quality of life for people they work with.
For more info, take a look at Tanya Smith’s page – click here.
Get in touch with one of our Biokineticists now! Contact us here.
- Type of service
- Cost of service
- Starting R450.00